Collection and use of data
2. Your Secret Tuscany can obtain personal data from you (including your name, postal address, telephone number, email and your credit/debit card details in order to make payment and confirm the booking) from a number of different sources:
I. When you search for or request details on services or holidays from our Website, or if you supply us with your details when discussing matters over the telephone to us, or if you submit a request for details to be provided to you by mail or email.
II. When you complete and submit a booking on the Website or by telephoning Your Secret Tuscany, together with any applicable methods of payment.
3. Your Secret Tuscany needs your name, address and/or email address so that it can send out information to you and advise you of special offers and promotions it thinks may be of interest to you. Your Secret Tuscany also requires this information about you, and others included in your group, in order to complete bookings made with it for your travel or other arrangements.
4. In order to complete your booking, Your Secret Tuscany will also need to collect information about you, and others included in your group, to pass to ground handlers and other third parties (eg, relevant hotels, excursion or tour operators, personal shoppers, chauffeurs, resorts, wedding venues and/or public authorities such as customs or immigration, etc) for the purposes of confirming your booking. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as information relating to disabilities, dietary requirements and/or religious beliefs. This may involve the transfer of information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and by providing Your Secret Tuscany with this information you provide your consent (and the consent of those included in your group) to transfer such information out of the EEA. If you are travelling to the United States, the US Customers and Border Protection will receive this information for the purposes of preventing and combating terrorism and other transnational serious crimes. The information collected may include, but is not exclusively limited to, details such as your name, your address (in order to send the confirmation invoice and any relevant travel documentation to you), your email address and telephone number (if Your Secret Tuscany needs to contact you about your booking urgently), and the same details of those in your party.
5. You have the right to ask Your Secret Tuscany not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Your Secret Tuscany. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Your Secret Tuscany’s costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
6. Your Secret Tuscany may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
i. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
ii. To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
iii. To speed up your searches.
iv. To recognise you when you return to our site.
7. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
8. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 clicked on an advertisement on the Website on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
9. We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets).
10. Your Secret Tuscany operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto.
You may at any time unsubscribe to receiving information from Your Secret Tuscany by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information Your Secret Tuscany holds about you, you may email Your Secret Tuscany at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may write to Your Secret Tuscany at Your Secret Tuscany Limited, 207 Regent Street, 3rd Floor, London W1B 3HH.